I specialize in family law cases. My experience of more than 40 years as a family law paralegal Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, my participation in various paralegal groups both as a member and as an officer, my presentations at seminars as well as being a member of the planning committee for several seminars has allowed me to forge relationships with many attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, court staff, and district clerk staff in Harris and surrounding counties.
I will listen to your needs and help you accomplish your objectives in any way I can. I understand that any type of litigation can be a stressful time and I specialize in using my experience to find favorable solutions that meet your interests and your needs.
I work remotely and stand ready to assist you with your needs. I am happy to provide references upon request.
Are you ready to file an Emergency Motion for Paralegal Services and Support? Is your Paralegal swamped? Does she/he need a project taken off her/his plate? If so, hire Vanetta Peterson, an experienced, dependable, and trustworthy, Board Certified Paralegal to assist you with your Texas family law case. Whether you have a short-term project, a recurring project, or simply need drafting services, I can help!!
- Preparation of Inventory and Appraisement
- Preparation of Discovery Responses and Document Management
- Preparation of Discovery Log
- Review Discovery Responses from Opposing Party
- Drafting Petitions
- Drafting Temporary Orders/Final Orders
- Draft Orders for any ancillary matter
- Providing assistance with special projects
I have restructured the curriculum of the Advanced Paralegal Certificate in Family Law class that I teach at the University of Houston-Downtown to offer the same content of that course in a private class or setting. Paralegals and/or attorneys may elect to take one or more of the following classes:
- Client interview/intake
- Check List of documents required by new discovery rules
- Responding to required discovery
- Preparation of Original Petitions (Simple and Complex)
- Preparation of Financial Information Statement
- Preparing for a Temporary Orders Hearing
- Preparing Temporary Orders
- Propounding and responding to discovery requests
- Preparation of discovery deficiency letter to opposing counsel
- Preparation of Inventory and Appraisement from discovery documents
- Trial Preparation
I can liaison with a process server if needed, or I can refer you to a quick & efficient process server in the State of Texas for all your process serving needs.
I am a licensed notary in the State of Texas and can provide both online and in-person notary services.
I can provide background checks if needed, including criminal background checks.
To request any of the services above, please contact Vanetta Peterson:
Call or text: 713.882.9249